Good dayMy son was born in 2010 out of w...

Asked by Zylda on 03-03-2020 10:43:01
Question posted in the Family Law category relating to Gauteng
Question value: R 300.00

Good day

My son was born in 2010 out of wedlock, he got his fathers surname.

For the last 4 to 5 years he has been in and out of rehab for heroin addiction.  

My son only saw him under his grand mothers supervision. He now moved in with a girl. He lost his job a month ago and his car.

I saw him this weekend and he looked terrible, i asked his mom and she said she thinks he is back on drugs.

I let him know he can not see his son anymore and that I want to change my son's surname to mine. (My new married surname)

How can I change his surname without the biological fathers concent? As he will not agree.  

Ask your OWN Legal Question!

If you would like to view the entire answer, you will need to either login or register a FREE account.


DISCLAIMER: Advice or answers from Lawyers on SA Legal Advice are not substitutes for the proper advice of an Lawyer. SA Legal Advice is a public forum and questions and responses are not private or confidential or protected by the attorney-client privilege. The Lawyer who assists with your question is not your Lawyer, and the response above is not to be considered to be legal advice. You should not read this response to propose specific action or address specific circumstances, but only to give you a sense of general principles of law that might affect the situation you describe. Application of these general principles to particular circumstances must be done by a lawyer who has spoken with you in confidence, learned all relevant information, and explored various options. Before acting on these general principles, you should hire a lawyer licensed to practice law in the jurisdiction to which your question pertains. The responses above are from individual Lawyers, not SA Legal Advice. The site and services are provided “as is”. This site is not for emergency questions which should be directed immediately by telephone or in-person to qualified professionals. Please carefully read the Terms of Service.