I occasionally do part time design work ...

Asked by Anonymous on 03-03-2020 21:33:53
Question posted in the Intellectual Property Law category relating to Gauteng
Question value: R 0.00

I occasionally do part-time design work where I create designs for customers to whom I furnish all the relevant documents and designs. A customer has included the following clause in intellectual property assignment contract:

FURTHER ASSURANCE1. The Assignor shall perform (or procure the performance of) all further acts and things,and execute and deliver (or procure the execution or delivery of) all further documents, required by law or which the Assignee requests, to vest in the Assignee the full benefit of the right, title and interest assigned to the Assignee under this agreement.2. The Assignor irrevocably appoints the Assignee to be its attorney in its name and on it's behalf to execute documents, use the Assignor’s name and do all things which are necessary or desirable for the Assignee to obtain for itself or its nominee the full benefit of clause 1.

Question.Could the above open me up to possible unforseen problems as I am uncomfortable with the assignment of the power of attorney in clause 2.

Ask your OWN Legal Question!

If you would like to view the entire answer, you will need to either login or register a FREE account.


DISCLAIMER: Advice or answers from Lawyers on SA Legal Advice are not substitutes for the proper advice of an Lawyer. SA Legal Advice is a public forum and questions and responses are not private or confidential or protected by the attorney-client privilege. The Lawyer who assists with your question is not your Lawyer, and the response above is not to be considered to be legal advice. You should not read this response to propose specific action or address specific circumstances, but only to give you a sense of general principles of law that might affect the situation you describe. Application of these general principles to particular circumstances must be done by a lawyer who has spoken with you in confidence, learned all relevant information, and explored various options. Before acting on these general principles, you should hire a lawyer licensed to practice law in the jurisdiction to which your question pertains. The responses above are from individual Lawyers, not SA Legal Advice. The site and services are provided “as is”. This site is not for emergency questions which should be directed immediately by telephone or in-person to qualified professionals. Please carefully read the Terms of Service.