My car broke down in January I took it t...

Asked by Arlene on 09-03-2020 13:37:37
Question posted in the Consumer Protection Law category relating to Gauteng
Question value: R 0.00

My car broke down in January I took it to Rightway Automotives for repairs they then Invoiced me for diagnostic test and repairs which I paid in full. A day after I got my car back it broke down again with the same problem I took the car back to the same place that said there was now another problem. But if they did the diagnostic test surely the problem should have been solved. I then told them and gave them my Motor Warranty plan in order to get approval from my Insurance company as this is covered under the warranty. My car has now been there for 2 months and they havent done anything. I called my Insurance company I they never received any request from Rightway for the repairs my Insurance company also said that Rightway can not do the repairs as their VAT is not up to date. My Insurance company then recommended a company that is approved and theywent to collect the car but Rightway refuse to release my car until I pay them. Are they allowed to keep my car? And how can they charge me if the car is still sitting with the same problem as when I took it there the first time?

Ask your OWN Legal Question!

If you would like to view the entire answer, you will need to either login or register a FREE account.


DISCLAIMER: Advice or answers from Lawyers on SA Legal Advice are not substitutes for the proper advice of an Lawyer. SA Legal Advice is a public forum and questions and responses are not private or confidential or protected by the attorney-client privilege. The Lawyer who assists with your question is not your Lawyer, and the response above is not to be considered to be legal advice. You should not read this response to propose specific action or address specific circumstances, but only to give you a sense of general principles of law that might affect the situation you describe. Application of these general principles to particular circumstances must be done by a lawyer who has spoken with you in confidence, learned all relevant information, and explored various options. Before acting on these general principles, you should hire a lawyer licensed to practice law in the jurisdiction to which your question pertains. The responses above are from individual Lawyers, not SA Legal Advice. The site and services are provided “as is”. This site is not for emergency questions which should be directed immediately by telephone or in-person to qualified professionals. Please carefully read the Terms of Service.