My husband sold land and later there was...

Asked by JULIET on 11-03-2020 13:03:40
Question posted in the General Law category relating to North West

My husband sold land and later there was a problem and the person is demanding her money back. i was not part of this but just signed the sale agreement as a witness. my husband is not paying back and is dodging but now these people have attached a vehicle that is in my name but used by my husband. i agreed that the vehicle be attached and sold to get their money but the vehicle is with mu husband and does not want to bring it. i am being harassed and these people sometimes comes to my office. Can i get a court order against them to stop the harassement against me because just because you are married to somebody does not mean that you are responsible for their actions

Answer to the Question

Posted by Att. Patrick on 18-03-2020 08:04:57

Hi there,

I see that you haven't made a payment for the question, but I'm going to assist you a little. If you want to ask a follow-up question, please make the required payment.

Yes, you can get a court order to stop people from harassing you. It would be in terms of the Protection from Harassment Act 17 of 2011.

Att. Patrick

Please remember this is a dialog if you have follow-up questions please make the required payment, then use the REPLY button and ask your further question. I would like to continue assisting you, but I need to concentrate on people who make payments for their questions.

If you would like to view the entire answer, you will need to either login or register a FREE account.


DISCLAIMER: Advice or answers from Lawyers on SA Legal Advice are not substitutes for the proper advice of an Lawyer. SA Legal Advice is a public forum and questions and responses are not private or confidential or protected by the attorney-client privilege. The Lawyer who assists with your question is not your Lawyer, and the response above is not to be considered to be legal advice. You should not read this response to propose specific action or address specific circumstances, but only to give you a sense of general principles of law that might affect the situation you describe. Application of these general principles to particular circumstances must be done by a lawyer who has spoken with you in confidence, learned all relevant information, and explored various options. Before acting on these general principles, you should hire a lawyer licensed to practice law in the jurisdiction to which your question pertains. The responses above are from individual Lawyers, not SA Legal Advice. The site and services are provided “as is”. This site is not for emergency questions which should be directed immediately by telephone or in-person to qualified professionals. Please carefully read the Terms of Service.