Good Day,I would like to seek legal advi...

Asked by CathyV on 22-04-2020 16:08:11
Question posted in the Criminal Law category relating to Western Cape
Question value: R 400.00

Good Day,I would like to seek legal advice regarding a court order whereby I am required to repay monies owing to a company each month, in the amount of R3000 (as agreed to between the parties in a criminal case).I have been unemployed since the start of the national lockdown and have lost my employment due to this as the business has been forced to close.What is my legal position regarding these payments? May I request payment deferrals from the company directly? I do not have the money to pay them and I do not have money available for an attorney, and I am desparate.As per the court order from 2015, should I default, a warrant of arrest will be issued. I have a child at home to support and cannot risk being arrested as her father is not in this country, meaning that I am the only source of financial suppport for her. Please assist me and guide me through this as I fear that I have no choice but to pay the R3000 at the end of April, even though I don't have the money available.Thank you,

Ask your OWN Legal Question!

If you would like to view the entire answer, you will need to either login or register a FREE account.


DISCLAIMER: Advice or answers from Lawyers on SA Legal Advice are not substitutes for the proper advice of an Lawyer. SA Legal Advice is a public forum and questions and responses are not private or confidential or protected by the attorney-client privilege. The Lawyer who assists with your question is not your Lawyer, and the response above is not to be considered to be legal advice. You should not read this response to propose specific action or address specific circumstances, but only to give you a sense of general principles of law that might affect the situation you describe. Application of these general principles to particular circumstances must be done by a lawyer who has spoken with you in confidence, learned all relevant information, and explored various options. Before acting on these general principles, you should hire a lawyer licensed to practice law in the jurisdiction to which your question pertains. The responses above are from individual Lawyers, not SA Legal Advice. The site and services are provided “as is”. This site is not for emergency questions which should be directed immediately by telephone or in-person to qualified professionals. Please carefully read the Terms of Service.