HiI am based in the eastern cape, my kid...

Asked by Charlene on 23-04-2020 22:34:14
Question posted in the General Law category relating to Eastern Cape


I am based in the eastern cape, my kids are stuck in gauteng due to the lockdown, they are ages 19 and 10, we were told that we can get a permit for the youngest to come home but not the oldest, my youngest is visiting his dad, and my oldest visiting friends, they dont have the same dad but the oldest went with so that my little one could visit his dad as he is to young to travel alone. The oldest was meant to fly back on 7 april but due to lockdown he got stranded. Now the people he is visiting has informed me that he cannot stay longer as they too cannot afford to feed another mouth, i have been sending money but even i have run out. How can i get both my boys home

If you would like to view the entire answer, you will need to either login or register a FREE account.


DISCLAIMER: Advice or answers from Lawyers on SA Legal Advice are not substitutes for the proper advice of an Lawyer. SA Legal Advice is a public forum and questions and responses are not private or confidential or protected by the attorney-client privilege. The Lawyer who assists with your question is not your Lawyer, and the response above is not to be considered to be legal advice. You should not read this response to propose specific action or address specific circumstances, but only to give you a sense of general principles of law that might affect the situation you describe. Application of these general principles to particular circumstances must be done by a lawyer who has spoken with you in confidence, learned all relevant information, and explored various options. Before acting on these general principles, you should hire a lawyer licensed to practice law in the jurisdiction to which your question pertains. The responses above are from individual Lawyers, not SA Legal Advice. The site and services are provided “as is”. This site is not for emergency questions which should be directed immediately by telephone or in-person to qualified professionals. Please carefully read the Terms of Service.