My child stays with me full time and my ...

Asked by Jannes on 24-04-2020 08:03:26
Question posted in the Family Law category relating to Gauteng
Question value: R 200.00

My child stays with me full time and my ex only has visitation rights for 2 weekends a month. He is currently staying with friends, at an address different from the court order address. I don't want to give our child to him as i don't trust his friends or the environment where my child will have to stay. He is not taking our child's best interests seriously. No social gatherings are allowed in S.A currently, i feel if its just him i will share her, but because of the friends, i see it as a social gathering and believe it would be against the law to send her to him during his current circumstances. Can i withhold custody from him legally?

Ask your OWN Legal Question!

If you would like to view the entire answer, you will need to either login or register a FREE account.


DISCLAIMER: Advice or answers from Lawyers on SA Legal Advice are not substitutes for the proper advice of an Lawyer. SA Legal Advice is a public forum and questions and responses are not private or confidential or protected by the attorney-client privilege. The Lawyer who assists with your question is not your Lawyer, and the response above is not to be considered to be legal advice. You should not read this response to propose specific action or address specific circumstances, but only to give you a sense of general principles of law that might affect the situation you describe. Application of these general principles to particular circumstances must be done by a lawyer who has spoken with you in confidence, learned all relevant information, and explored various options. Before acting on these general principles, you should hire a lawyer licensed to practice law in the jurisdiction to which your question pertains. The responses above are from individual Lawyers, not SA Legal Advice. The site and services are provided “as is”. This site is not for emergency questions which should be directed immediately by telephone or in-person to qualified professionals. Please carefully read the Terms of Service.