Good day can you please advise me , My t...

Asked by Dhamika on 05-05-2020 13:30:36
Question posted in the Landlord Tenant Law category relating to Gauteng

Good day can you please advise me , My tenant failed to pay rent stating she was not paid ,so i asked her to please get a letter from her company stating she was not paid which she is refusing. Understanding the current state i asked her to please only pay for her electricty usage and have arrangements for rent, She is refusing to pay her own electric bills and demanding that i should provide it.

If you would like to view the entire answer, you will need to either login or register a FREE account.


DISCLAIMER: Advice or answers from Lawyers on South African Legal Advice are not substitutes for the proper advice of an Lawyer. South African Legal Advice is a public forum and questions and responses are not private or confidential or protected by the attorney-client privilege. The Lawyer who assists with your question is not your Lawyer, and the response above is not to be considered to be legal advice. You should not read this response to propose specific action or address specific circumstances, but only to give you a sense of general principles of law that might affect the situation you describe. Application of these general principles to particular circumstances must be done by a lawyer who has spoken with you in confidence, learned all relevant information, and explored various options. Before acting on these general principles, you should hire a lawyer licensed to practice law in the jurisdiction to which your question pertains. The responses above are from individual Lawyers, not South African Legal Advice. The site and services are provided “as is”. This site is not for emergency questions which should be directed immediately by telephone or in-person to qualified professionals. Please carefully read the Terms of Service.