Good day,I am struggling to get Computec...

Asked by hsdenton on 15-05-2020 13:21:11
Question posted in the Consumer Protection Law category relating to Gauteng

Good day,

I am struggling to get Computech Credit Services and CreditIntel (debt collectors) to stop harrassing me.

I cancelled my service with Computech Credit Services on the same day I applied for a loan. I have the email from Computech Credit Services where they acknowledge the receipt therof. However the have handed me over to CreditIntel for collections. i have sent several emails to CreditIntel and even spoken to one of their consultants but they keep on sending me demands for payment.

How do I go about to put an end to this?


Henry Denton.

Answer to the Question

Posted by Att. Patrick on 16-05-2020 21:17:17

Hi there,

I see that you haven't made a payment for the question, but I'm going to assist you a little. If you want to ask a follow-up question, please make the required payment.

You tell them that you are entitled to cancel ANY contract in terms of section 14(2) of the CPA, and that's exactly what you did. 

Tell them that if they hand you over for collection, you will tell the collection company that you exercised your rights in terms of section 14(2) of the CPA and you cancelled the agreement. 

Att. Patrick

Please remember this is a dialog if you have follow-up questions please make the required payment, then use the REPLY button and ask your further question. I would like to continue assisting you, but I need to concentrate on people who make payments for their questions.

If you would like to view the entire answer, you will need to either login or register a FREE account.


DISCLAIMER: Advice or answers from Lawyers on SA Legal Advice are not substitutes for the proper advice of an Lawyer. SA Legal Advice is a public forum and questions and responses are not private or confidential or protected by the attorney-client privilege. The Lawyer who assists with your question is not your Lawyer, and the response above is not to be considered to be legal advice. You should not read this response to propose specific action or address specific circumstances, but only to give you a sense of general principles of law that might affect the situation you describe. Application of these general principles to particular circumstances must be done by a lawyer who has spoken with you in confidence, learned all relevant information, and explored various options. Before acting on these general principles, you should hire a lawyer licensed to practice law in the jurisdiction to which your question pertains. The responses above are from individual Lawyers, not SA Legal Advice. The site and services are provided “as is”. This site is not for emergency questions which should be directed immediately by telephone or in-person to qualified professionals. Please carefully read the Terms of Service.