Good dayI trust you are well.i have open...

Asked by Mr_Williams on 19-05-2020 10:08:25
Question posted in the National Credit Act Law category relating to KwaZulu-Natal

Good day

I trust you are well.

i have opened up a furniture account in my name for somebody. the person in question is my ex-girlfriend. She had asked me to open up this account as she her name would only be cleared from her previous credit problems in 2 months or so . i agreed to do that as she advised me that i could transfer the account over to her after the 3rd month. at the time i was on a contract and i am still not permanently employed. I now have asked the store regarding the change or transfer of the account and i was told that they do not do such things . what do i do and what can i do if she decided to not pay for this account as that would have my name blacklisted . i am not sure as towhich field of expertise this would fall under.



Answer to the Question

Posted by Att. Patrick on 20-05-2020 10:19:58

Hi there,

I see that you haven't made a payment for the question, but I'm going to assist you a little. If you want to ask a follow-up question, please make the required payment.

If she does not pay, your credit record will be affected, and the store will come after YOU for the money.

Att. Patrick

Please remember this is a dialog if you have follow-up questions please make the required payment, then use the REPLY button and ask your further question. I would like to continue assisting you, but I need to concentrate on people who make payments for their questions.

If you would like to view the entire answer, you will need to either login or register a FREE account.


DISCLAIMER: Advice or answers from Lawyers on SA Legal Advice are not substitutes for the proper advice of an Lawyer. SA Legal Advice is a public forum and questions and responses are not private or confidential or protected by the attorney-client privilege. The Lawyer who assists with your question is not your Lawyer, and the response above is not to be considered to be legal advice. You should not read this response to propose specific action or address specific circumstances, but only to give you a sense of general principles of law that might affect the situation you describe. Application of these general principles to particular circumstances must be done by a lawyer who has spoken with you in confidence, learned all relevant information, and explored various options. Before acting on these general principles, you should hire a lawyer licensed to practice law in the jurisdiction to which your question pertains. The responses above are from individual Lawyers, not SA Legal Advice. The site and services are provided “as is”. This site is not for emergency questions which should be directed immediately by telephone or in-person to qualified professionals. Please carefully read the Terms of Service.