I work in a payroll office. We are 3 emp...

Asked by Antoinette on 23-11-2019 12:16:52
Question posted in the General Law category relating to KwaZulu-Natal
Question value: R 300.00

I work in a payroll office. We are 3 employees in the office. Most of the time we are behind closed door. Recently one of my colleagues started victimizing me with sly remarks and comments. I ignored this. Until I realized that someone is going through my bag. As it had to be either of my colleagues and as it will be a he said she said situation if I confront them, I placed my phone on record whilst I'm not in the office. I have it on record that it is actually both employees and that they were talking pictures of a book in my bag insinuating that I use spells at work, burning sage etc. All of this not being true. I went to manager informing her that someone is going through my bag. She called both employees and both denied it. I informed manager of the recording. Can the recording be used as evidence? And can I loose my job for recording employees without their consent?

Ask your OWN Legal Question!

If you would like to view the entire answer, you will need to either login or register a FREE account.


DISCLAIMER: Advice or answers from Lawyers on SA Legal Advice are not substitutes for the proper advice of an Lawyer. SA Legal Advice is a public forum and questions and responses are not private or confidential or protected by the attorney-client privilege. The Lawyer who assists with your question is not your Lawyer, and the response above is not to be considered to be legal advice. You should not read this response to propose specific action or address specific circumstances, but only to give you a sense of general principles of law that might affect the situation you describe. Application of these general principles to particular circumstances must be done by a lawyer who has spoken with you in confidence, learned all relevant information, and explored various options. Before acting on these general principles, you should hire a lawyer licensed to practice law in the jurisdiction to which your question pertains. The responses above are from individual Lawyers, not SA Legal Advice. The site and services are provided “as is”. This site is not for emergency questions which should be directed immediately by telephone or in-person to qualified professionals. Please carefully read the Terms of Service.