Good day please I need assistance in thi...

Asked by Nicholas on 03-06-2020 18:56:55
Question posted in the Landlord Tenant Law category relating to Gauteng

Good day please I need assistance in this matter we have moved to a new place at the end off Feb and due to the covid 19 situation we now have only been paid enough to live and now the landlord and agent is demanding a payment when it's all we got to live off please can some assist and wants to cut the lights 

Answer to the Question

Posted by Att. Patrick on 04-06-2020 10:19:15

Hi there,

I see that you haven't made a payment for the question, but I'm going to assist you a little. If you want to ask a follow-up question, please make the required payment.

The landlord is not allowed to evict you himself. Only with a Court Order. So tell the landlord that you know this and that he can't evict.

Att. Patrick

Please remember this is a dialog if you have follow-up questions please make the required payment, then use the REPLY button and ask your further question. I would like to continue assisting you, but I need to concentrate on people who make payments for their questions.

If you would like to view the entire answer, you will need to either login or register a FREE account.


DISCLAIMER: Advice or answers from Lawyers on SA Legal Advice are not substitutes for the proper advice of an Lawyer. SA Legal Advice is a public forum and questions and responses are not private or confidential or protected by the attorney-client privilege. The Lawyer who assists with your question is not your Lawyer, and the response above is not to be considered to be legal advice. You should not read this response to propose specific action or address specific circumstances, but only to give you a sense of general principles of law that might affect the situation you describe. Application of these general principles to particular circumstances must be done by a lawyer who has spoken with you in confidence, learned all relevant information, and explored various options. Before acting on these general principles, you should hire a lawyer licensed to practice law in the jurisdiction to which your question pertains. The responses above are from individual Lawyers, not SA Legal Advice. The site and services are provided “as is”. This site is not for emergency questions which should be directed immediately by telephone or in-person to qualified professionals. Please carefully read the Terms of Service.