Hi there. Hope you well.I am having an i...

Asked by Mohamed on 26-11-2019 09:23:03
Question posted in the General Law category relating to KwaZulu-Natal
Question value: R 0.00

Hi there. Hope you well.

I am having an issue with Standard bank. I have an overdraft on my account. I got retrenched in June and applied for the Insurance to cover my account, unfortunately for them to tell me that the overdraft is not covered for retrenchment. They did sort my credit card for 6 months.

I have been asking for them to close the account and I will contribute towards it and finish off what I owe. But they cant. I put money in only to cover the charges and this doesnt help my situation. Just makes it more difficult. I am not running away from my responsibility. All I am asking is for help considering that I banked with them for almost 20 years.

I also realised that they did not mention to me about the overdraft not being covered for retrenchment. I cant remember signing anything. I also feel the negligent from their side not advise me. I did find an email asking them to give me price on getting the overdraft covered in 2018 to the cosultant, but never got a response.

Please advise.

Riaz Sathar 0837927868

Ask your OWN Legal Question!

If you would like to view the entire answer, you will need to either login or register a FREE account.


DISCLAIMER: Advice or answers from Lawyers on SA Legal Advice are not substitutes for the proper advice of an Lawyer. SA Legal Advice is a public forum and questions and responses are not private or confidential or protected by the attorney-client privilege. The Lawyer who assists with your question is not your Lawyer, and the response above is not to be considered to be legal advice. You should not read this response to propose specific action or address specific circumstances, but only to give you a sense of general principles of law that might affect the situation you describe. Application of these general principles to particular circumstances must be done by a lawyer who has spoken with you in confidence, learned all relevant information, and explored various options. Before acting on these general principles, you should hire a lawyer licensed to practice law in the jurisdiction to which your question pertains. The responses above are from individual Lawyers, not SA Legal Advice. The site and services are provided “as is”. This site is not for emergency questions which should be directed immediately by telephone or in-person to qualified professionals. Please carefully read the Terms of Service.