Good dayOur house is built on the bounda...

Asked by Bramley Futter on 19-10-2022 10:15:44
Question posted in the General Law category relating to Eastern Cape

Good day

Our house is built on the boundary of our property. We have the neighbour from hell & she is refusing us reasonable access to the wall of our home, to do repairs & maintenance. We are having damp problems along the wall of our home because we are unable to maintain & paint our wall. the damp is affecting the electrical installations along that wall & rusting the fittings, making the instalation dangerous. She has also planted trees right up against the wall of our home. These trees are damaging the gutters & polluting our rain water with leaves etc. These trees are brushing against the wall of our house, firther damaging the paint & making the general damp problems worse. The roots from these trees also pose a danger to the dtructure of our home. we would like to know what ur rights are in terms of having access to our home to effect repairs & also what the law says about the trees & the damage/danger to our home.


Bramley Futter

If you would like to view the entire answer, you will need to either login or register a FREE account.


DISCLAIMER: Advice or answers from Lawyers on South African Legal Advice are not substitutes for the proper advice of an Lawyer. South African Legal Advice is a public forum and questions and responses are not private or confidential or protected by the attorney-client privilege. The Lawyer who assists with your question is not your Lawyer, and the response above is not to be considered to be legal advice. You should not read this response to propose specific action or address specific circumstances, but only to give you a sense of general principles of law that might affect the situation you describe. Application of these general principles to particular circumstances must be done by a lawyer who has spoken with you in confidence, learned all relevant information, and explored various options. Before acting on these general principles, you should hire a lawyer licensed to practice law in the jurisdiction to which your question pertains. The responses above are from individual Lawyers, not South African Legal Advice. The site and services are provided “as is”. This site is not for emergency questions which should be directed immediately by telephone or in-person to qualified professionals. Please carefully read the Terms of Service.