I got married in 2013 to a foreigner n I...

Asked by Kaydee on 08-06-2020 20:58:59
Question posted in the General Law category relating to North West
Question value: R 100.00

I got married in 2013 to a foreigner n I didn't change my ID document yet n we separated 2015. N I was last in contact with him 2016 when he was still around, but it's been years since he is gone n we didn't get divorced. I need help to get divorced with him since well I can't move on with my staying married to a person who has been gone for years n stay married to him while we are no longer together..can you please help me to file for default divorce as soon as possible as I have to move on and Start my own family, we do not have any children together

If you would like to view the entire answer, you will need to either login or register a FREE account.


DISCLAIMER: Advice or answers from Lawyers on SA Legal Advice are not substitutes for the proper advice of an Lawyer. SA Legal Advice is a public forum and questions and responses are not private or confidential or protected by the attorney-client privilege. The Lawyer who assists with your question is not your Lawyer, and the response above is not to be considered to be legal advice. You should not read this response to propose specific action or address specific circumstances, but only to give you a sense of general principles of law that might affect the situation you describe. Application of these general principles to particular circumstances must be done by a lawyer who has spoken with you in confidence, learned all relevant information, and explored various options. Before acting on these general principles, you should hire a lawyer licensed to practice law in the jurisdiction to which your question pertains. The responses above are from individual Lawyers, not SA Legal Advice. The site and services are provided “as is”. This site is not for emergency questions which should be directed immediately by telephone or in-person to qualified professionals. Please carefully read the Terms of Service.