My estranged husband has a strained rela...

Asked by Anonymous on 11-06-2020 19:36:09
Question posted in the Family Law category relating to KwaZulu-Natal

My estranged husband has a strained relationship with the mother of his first child. She had threatened him with a protection order due to his aggressive nature. I had a conversation with her about him being aggressive with me and I could not take it any longer and that I wanted to leave the marriage, as we had a friendship going. She now has a letter stating supervised visits. He wants to take me on in court because he said I ruined his relationship with his daughter. Can he do this? 

Message from the Lawyer

Posted by Att. Patrick on 12-06-2020 21:28:14

Hi there,

I see that you haven't made a payment for the question, but I'm going to assist you a little. If you want to ask a follow-up question, please make the required payment.

Nope. He can try, but he won't get anywhere.

Att. Patrick

Please remember this is a dialog if you have follow-up questions please make the required payment, then use the REPLY button and ask your further question. I would like to continue assisting you, but I need to concentrate on people who make payments for their questions.

If you would like to view the entire answer, you will need to either login or register a FREE account.


DISCLAIMER: Advice or answers from Lawyers on South African Legal Advice are not substitutes for the proper advice of an Lawyer. South African Legal Advice is a public forum and questions and responses are not private or confidential or protected by the attorney-client privilege. The Lawyer who assists with your question is not your Lawyer, and the response above is not to be considered to be legal advice. You should not read this response to propose specific action or address specific circumstances, but only to give you a sense of general principles of law that might affect the situation you describe. Application of these general principles to particular circumstances must be done by a lawyer who has spoken with you in confidence, learned all relevant information, and explored various options. Before acting on these general principles, you should hire a lawyer licensed to practice law in the jurisdiction to which your question pertains. The responses above are from individual Lawyers, not South African Legal Advice. The site and services are provided “as is”. This site is not for emergency questions which should be directed immediately by telephone or in-person to qualified professionals. Please carefully read the Terms of Service.