Goodday My son was accused of rape. No c...

Asked by Mom101 on 12-06-2020 11:06:32
Question posted in the Criminal Law category relating to Eastern Cape


My son was accused of rape. No criminal case opened. My son requested that Pollygraph test be done. Report came back showing the alleged victim being untruthful and that indeed it was consentual. Her father said he will as soon as he is back in South Africa shoot my son. No apology was received to date. Legal aid cannot assist as they don't deal with these type of cases He cannot afford an lawyer as he earns R1000 a week. She gets away with such an serious allegation even sended messages to his friends saying he forced her to have sex. Please advise on what he can do to clear his name and getting back the Pollygraph test funds and the salary he lost for the day? And clear his name. 

If you would like to view the entire answer, you will need to either login or register a FREE account.


DISCLAIMER: Advice or answers from Lawyers on SA Legal Advice are not substitutes for the proper advice of an Lawyer. SA Legal Advice is a public forum and questions and responses are not private or confidential or protected by the attorney-client privilege. The Lawyer who assists with your question is not your Lawyer, and the response above is not to be considered to be legal advice. You should not read this response to propose specific action or address specific circumstances, but only to give you a sense of general principles of law that might affect the situation you describe. Application of these general principles to particular circumstances must be done by a lawyer who has spoken with you in confidence, learned all relevant information, and explored various options. Before acting on these general principles, you should hire a lawyer licensed to practice law in the jurisdiction to which your question pertains. The responses above are from individual Lawyers, not SA Legal Advice. The site and services are provided “as is”. This site is not for emergency questions which should be directed immediately by telephone or in-person to qualified professionals. Please carefully read the Terms of Service.