Good Day, I want to get out of a contrac...

Asked by Anonymous on 26-06-2020 12:18:40
Question posted in the General Law category relating to Mpumalanga
Question value: R 0.00

Good Day, I want to get out of a contract with a WIFI Supplier. The service is unreliable, unstable and I have been lied to numerous times. The 24 month contract was signed on the 24th of February 2018.When I sent the notice email to the supplier that we will not continue using his services(23 June 2020), He advised that we still need to give one month's notice after the 24 month period has passed. Term number 2.7 in the Terms and Conditions states: "After the initial 24 (twenty four) month contract period, this agreement can be terminated by giving one calendar month's written notice by either party. Should this agreement be terminated for whatever reason during the initial 24 (twenty four) month contract period, the Lessee agrees that equipment as stated in clause 2.4 to be charged to the Lessee's account at the prevailing retail rate in conjunction with a 50(fifty) percent cancellation penalty of the remaining initial agreement period at the time of breach of this agreement. "If the contract is only valid for 24 months, will the above term 2.7 be enforceable?

Answer to the Question

Posted by Att. Patrick on 04-07-2020 21:36:31

Hi there,

I see that you haven't made a payment for the question, but I'm going to assist you a little. If you want to ask a follow-up question, please make the required payment.

Yes. You will need to give 1 month's notice. 

Just give him the calendar months' notice, and then move on with your life.

Att. Patrick

Please remember this is a dialog if you have follow-up questions please make the required payment, then use the REPLY button and ask your further question. I would like to continue assisting you, but I need to concentrate on people who make payments for their questions.

If you would like to view the entire answer, you will need to either login or register a FREE account.


DISCLAIMER: Advice or answers from Lawyers on SA Legal Advice are not substitutes for the proper advice of an Lawyer. SA Legal Advice is a public forum and questions and responses are not private or confidential or protected by the attorney-client privilege. The Lawyer who assists with your question is not your Lawyer, and the response above is not to be considered to be legal advice. You should not read this response to propose specific action or address specific circumstances, but only to give you a sense of general principles of law that might affect the situation you describe. Application of these general principles to particular circumstances must be done by a lawyer who has spoken with you in confidence, learned all relevant information, and explored various options. Before acting on these general principles, you should hire a lawyer licensed to practice law in the jurisdiction to which your question pertains. The responses above are from individual Lawyers, not SA Legal Advice. The site and services are provided “as is”. This site is not for emergency questions which should be directed immediately by telephone or in-person to qualified professionals. Please carefully read the Terms of Service.