Good day I'm trying to get some advice r...

Asked by Mally2020 on 27-07-2020 14:48:04
Question posted in the Family Law category relating to Eastern Cape

Good day 

I'm trying to get some advice regarding a protection order against me and I'm trying to get to see my son. I was recently  kicked out of my ex girlfriend's house after her brother attacked me in her home with my son of 3 watching, all I could do was protect myself, I was later issued with a protection order against me,I am unemployed as i was asked to look after her and my son, my ex girlfriend was the sole bread winner , is there away that I could get to see my son 

Answer to the Question

Posted by Att. Patrick on 31-07-2020 22:25:54

Hi there,

I see that you haven't made a payment for the question, but I'm going to assist you a little. If you want to ask a follow-up question, please make the required payment.

Your ex-girlfriend does NOT have the power to withhold your rights to access your son. If she does, then you need to approach the Family Court and ask the Court for a court order allowing you access rights. 

Att. Patrick

Please remember this is a dialog if you have follow-up questions please make the required payment, then use the REPLY button and ask your further question. I would like to continue assisting you, but I need to concentrate on people who make payments for their questions.

If you would like to view the entire answer, you will need to either login or register a FREE account.


DISCLAIMER: Advice or answers from Lawyers on SA Legal Advice are not substitutes for the proper advice of an Lawyer. SA Legal Advice is a public forum and questions and responses are not private or confidential or protected by the attorney-client privilege. The Lawyer who assists with your question is not your Lawyer, and the response above is not to be considered to be legal advice. You should not read this response to propose specific action or address specific circumstances, but only to give you a sense of general principles of law that might affect the situation you describe. Application of these general principles to particular circumstances must be done by a lawyer who has spoken with you in confidence, learned all relevant information, and explored various options. Before acting on these general principles, you should hire a lawyer licensed to practice law in the jurisdiction to which your question pertains. The responses above are from individual Lawyers, not SA Legal Advice. The site and services are provided “as is”. This site is not for emergency questions which should be directed immediately by telephone or in-person to qualified professionals. Please carefully read the Terms of Service.