To whom it may concernMy partner and I s...

Asked by lwazie on 30-07-2020 14:18:03
Question posted in the Divorce Law category relating to KwaZulu-Natal

To whom it may concern

My partner and I separated in March. He moved out and has since moved in with his girlfriend's house. I haven't met her however my daughter has met her a few times, without my knowledge of the relationship. My ex continues to be in his daughters life and makes time to see her after school at our house or pick her up from school and spend time at the beach etc. His girlfriend is not happy that he spends time with his daughter at our house in my company. So they want my daughter to spend time at her house (he's moved in so it's their house now); he even suggests that our daughter spends a week with them and a week with me. I expressed my concerns and one of them being I haven't met the girls friend and am not comfortable to have my daughter there especially since the relationship is still new. I know there isn't a time frame for a child to meet their parent's new partner, my biggest concern is that they are still a new couple and I don't feel comfortable introducing my daughter (she's 3) to a new relationship as yet. He mentioned that the court would rule in his favour hence I'm seeking advice legally. What does the law say? Thank you.. oh also, I'm paying for everything that has to do with my daughter, and I've taken over financial responsibility to the house we live in. 

thank you 

If you would like to view the entire answer, you will need to either login or register a FREE account.


DISCLAIMER: Advice or answers from Lawyers on SA Legal Advice are not substitutes for the proper advice of an Lawyer. SA Legal Advice is a public forum and questions and responses are not private or confidential or protected by the attorney-client privilege. The Lawyer who assists with your question is not your Lawyer, and the response above is not to be considered to be legal advice. You should not read this response to propose specific action or address specific circumstances, but only to give you a sense of general principles of law that might affect the situation you describe. Application of these general principles to particular circumstances must be done by a lawyer who has spoken with you in confidence, learned all relevant information, and explored various options. Before acting on these general principles, you should hire a lawyer licensed to practice law in the jurisdiction to which your question pertains. The responses above are from individual Lawyers, not SA Legal Advice. The site and services are provided “as is”. This site is not for emergency questions which should be directed immediately by telephone or in-person to qualified professionals. Please carefully read the Terms of Service.