HiMy dad passed away on Monday 27th July...

Asked by lisa777 on 04-08-2020 20:31:01
Question posted in the Family Law category relating to Gauteng


My dad passed away on Monday 27th July 2020 I took out a funeral policy for him but unfortunately he passed away within the 6th month waiting period so I am unable to claim but want to cancel my policy and in order to do so I need his death certificate and ID but his family refuses to give it to me.... Pls help

Answer to the Question

Posted by Att. Patrick on 14-08-2020 21:27:40

Hi there,

I see that you haven't made a payment for the question, but I'm going to assist you a little. If you want to ask a follow-up question, please make the required payment.

If you took out the insurance policy, you don't need the death certificate or ID to cancel the insurance policy. 

Att. Patrick

Please remember this is a dialog if you have follow-up questions please make the required payment, then use the REPLY button and ask your further question. I would like to continue assisting you, but I need to concentrate on people who make payments for their questions.

If you would like to view the entire answer, you will need to either login or register a FREE account.


DISCLAIMER: Advice or answers from Lawyers on SA Legal Advice are not substitutes for the proper advice of an Lawyer. SA Legal Advice is a public forum and questions and responses are not private or confidential or protected by the attorney-client privilege. The Lawyer who assists with your question is not your Lawyer, and the response above is not to be considered to be legal advice. You should not read this response to propose specific action or address specific circumstances, but only to give you a sense of general principles of law that might affect the situation you describe. Application of these general principles to particular circumstances must be done by a lawyer who has spoken with you in confidence, learned all relevant information, and explored various options. Before acting on these general principles, you should hire a lawyer licensed to practice law in the jurisdiction to which your question pertains. The responses above are from individual Lawyers, not SA Legal Advice. The site and services are provided “as is”. This site is not for emergency questions which should be directed immediately by telephone or in-person to qualified professionals. Please carefully read the Terms of Service.