I suspect that i have been sold a car wi...

Asked by Anonymous on 04-08-2020 20:51:10
Question posted in the Consumer Protection Law category relating to Mpumalanga

I suspect that i have been sold a car with a number of defects. Right now the car has been parked at a particular place in Witbank. It has oil leak and i decided to park pending the actual fixing of the defect. How would you advise i address this problem and how do I apply the law to protect me from being sold a duck?

Answer to the Question

Posted by Att. Patrick on 14-08-2020 21:25:28

Hi there,

I see that you haven't made a payment for the question, but I'm going to assist you a little. If you want to ask a follow-up question, please make the required payment.

You should have got the car assessed / inspected before you bought it. 

Unfortunately, most of the time second hand cars are sold voetstoots, which means "with all their defects", so that means that you bought the car as you did ...

Att. Patrick

Please remember this is a dialog if you have follow-up questions please make the required payment, then use the REPLY button and ask your further question. I would like to continue assisting you, but I need to concentrate on people who make payments for their questions.

If you would like to view the entire answer, you will need to either login or register a FREE account.


DISCLAIMER: Advice or answers from Lawyers on SA Legal Advice are not substitutes for the proper advice of an Lawyer. SA Legal Advice is a public forum and questions and responses are not private or confidential or protected by the attorney-client privilege. The Lawyer who assists with your question is not your Lawyer, and the response above is not to be considered to be legal advice. You should not read this response to propose specific action or address specific circumstances, but only to give you a sense of general principles of law that might affect the situation you describe. Application of these general principles to particular circumstances must be done by a lawyer who has spoken with you in confidence, learned all relevant information, and explored various options. Before acting on these general principles, you should hire a lawyer licensed to practice law in the jurisdiction to which your question pertains. The responses above are from individual Lawyers, not SA Legal Advice. The site and services are provided “as is”. This site is not for emergency questions which should be directed immediately by telephone or in-person to qualified professionals. Please carefully read the Terms of Service.