hi thereme and my husban have been a par...

Asked by mizellek on 20-08-2020 12:24:55
Question posted in the Family Law category relating to Gauteng

hi thereme and my husban have been a part for more then a year and i took the kids i am in in a position where i want to take stuff futher because i have moved on and want to start a new life. he hasnt paid maintance or anything of such i have been a single mom taking care of them.  he doesnt have a job and is basiclly a wash out claiming he is starting a new job every week and nothing happens .. i now been with someone for 6 months and he agreed to eventaully adopt kids and give them a true father figure. how ever the dad tries alot of tricks and always has an excuss to not get a lawyer to proceed with decorive etc.? what do i do and how do we go about this. he said he is willing to talk to his own lawyer but i mean he cant even pay anything how the hell will he even get a lawyer...  we need help to get this ball rolling

If you would like to view the entire answer, you will need to either login or register a FREE account.


DISCLAIMER: Advice or answers from Lawyers on SA Legal Advice are not substitutes for the proper advice of an Lawyer. SA Legal Advice is a public forum and questions and responses are not private or confidential or protected by the attorney-client privilege. The Lawyer who assists with your question is not your Lawyer, and the response above is not to be considered to be legal advice. You should not read this response to propose specific action or address specific circumstances, but only to give you a sense of general principles of law that might affect the situation you describe. Application of these general principles to particular circumstances must be done by a lawyer who has spoken with you in confidence, learned all relevant information, and explored various options. Before acting on these general principles, you should hire a lawyer licensed to practice law in the jurisdiction to which your question pertains. The responses above are from individual Lawyers, not SA Legal Advice. The site and services are provided “as is”. This site is not for emergency questions which should be directed immediately by telephone or in-person to qualified professionals. Please carefully read the Terms of Service.