Good dayI want to know i moved out of my...

Asked by VerushkaM on 20-08-2020 15:08:11
Question posted in the General Law category relating to KwaZulu-Natal

Good day

I want to know i moved out of my apartment i was renting on the 27th June 2020 and the landlord wants to charges me for July should i pay the bill for the electricity is from 1st July 2020 to 22 July 2020

Answer to the Question

Posted by Att. Patrick on 21-08-2020 10:04:59

Hi there,

I see that you haven't made a payment for the question, but I'm going to assist you a little. If you want to ask a follow-up question, please make the required payment.

If you didn't cancel the lease correctly, or if you simply moved out without notice, the landlord is entitled to charge you a cancellation penalty of a month or two's rental.

The landlord can only charge you for the electricity that you actually used. 

Att. Patrick

Please remember this is a dialog if you have follow-up questions please make the required payment, then use the REPLY button and ask your further question. I would like to continue assisting you, but I need to concentrate on people who make payments for their questions.

If you would like to view the entire answer, you will need to either login or register a FREE account.


DISCLAIMER: Advice or answers from Lawyers on SA Legal Advice are not substitutes for the proper advice of an Lawyer. SA Legal Advice is a public forum and questions and responses are not private or confidential or protected by the attorney-client privilege. The Lawyer who assists with your question is not your Lawyer, and the response above is not to be considered to be legal advice. You should not read this response to propose specific action or address specific circumstances, but only to give you a sense of general principles of law that might affect the situation you describe. Application of these general principles to particular circumstances must be done by a lawyer who has spoken with you in confidence, learned all relevant information, and explored various options. Before acting on these general principles, you should hire a lawyer licensed to practice law in the jurisdiction to which your question pertains. The responses above are from individual Lawyers, not SA Legal Advice. The site and services are provided “as is”. This site is not for emergency questions which should be directed immediately by telephone or in-person to qualified professionals. Please carefully read the Terms of Service.