Greetings My name is Martin Mashele, i h...

Asked by Anonymous on 23-08-2020 17:14:49
Question posted in the General Law category relating to Gauteng

Greetings My name is Martin Mashele, i have few questions in relation to my fathers death and how he died. On thursday i got the news of my dad's passing,the cause of death they say it is sugar diabetes and i am learning to pressume this matter. But i have a problem with the treatment he got at the hospital before he died and this makes me believe had they taken care of him in a proper way , he would still be alive. Because my stepmother went to visit him in hospital and the state she found him was very disturbing ,he had tubes falling, his bedding was wet and he was shivering. Even after they had comfirmed hi death they did not bother to notify any of the next of kin on his file, my step mother had to call and ask since they told her to wait for their call So my question is can i sue this hospital for such negligence that led to my fathers death? And if it is possible which route should i take?

If you would like to view the entire answer, you will need to either login or register a FREE account.


DISCLAIMER: Advice or answers from Lawyers on SA Legal Advice are not substitutes for the proper advice of an Lawyer. SA Legal Advice is a public forum and questions and responses are not private or confidential or protected by the attorney-client privilege. The Lawyer who assists with your question is not your Lawyer, and the response above is not to be considered to be legal advice. You should not read this response to propose specific action or address specific circumstances, but only to give you a sense of general principles of law that might affect the situation you describe. Application of these general principles to particular circumstances must be done by a lawyer who has spoken with you in confidence, learned all relevant information, and explored various options. Before acting on these general principles, you should hire a lawyer licensed to practice law in the jurisdiction to which your question pertains. The responses above are from individual Lawyers, not SA Legal Advice. The site and services are provided “as is”. This site is not for emergency questions which should be directed immediately by telephone or in-person to qualified professionals. Please carefully read the Terms of Service.