Good day,I have no income and divoce now...

Asked by cecilia on 27-08-2020 12:37:55
Question posted in the Divorce Law category relating to Gauteng

Good day,

I have no income and divoce now almost 2 years.  Every month I did receive a income from my ex husbund due to the fact that his pension at Liberty is not allowed to pay me out as per my High Court divorce letter.  This pension was not supposed to be put into my divorce as it is a Annuaty.  Now he said I will no longer get a sent from him, and my half of our home that my name is on the deed is also mot paid out to me.  This was also mensioned in our divorce letter.  I stand now to lose everything due to the fact that he is now stopping to pay my an ex amount and he also not going to pay my half of our property.  I'v been to a attorney but can not afford it any more an all they said is that I must take him to maintenance court and see if I can still get a paymet each month.  But as per our divorce agreement there was nothing about maintenance in letter only that I must get paid half of house and his pension, but now not one of the 2 will be done

If you would like to view the entire answer, you will need to either login or register a FREE account.


DISCLAIMER: Advice or answers from Lawyers on SA Legal Advice are not substitutes for the proper advice of an Lawyer. SA Legal Advice is a public forum and questions and responses are not private or confidential or protected by the attorney-client privilege. The Lawyer who assists with your question is not your Lawyer, and the response above is not to be considered to be legal advice. You should not read this response to propose specific action or address specific circumstances, but only to give you a sense of general principles of law that might affect the situation you describe. Application of these general principles to particular circumstances must be done by a lawyer who has spoken with you in confidence, learned all relevant information, and explored various options. Before acting on these general principles, you should hire a lawyer licensed to practice law in the jurisdiction to which your question pertains. The responses above are from individual Lawyers, not SA Legal Advice. The site and services are provided “as is”. This site is not for emergency questions which should be directed immediately by telephone or in-person to qualified professionals. Please carefully read the Terms of Service.