Good Day.In February 2021 my girlfriend ...

Asked by Paul on 04-08-2021 12:59:14
Question posted in the Family Law category relating to Gauteng

Good Day.

In February 2021 my girlfriend left me to move to Wolmaranstad taking my kids with her. I paid for all the expenses there was for her to move. I went to visit my kids there at end of April just to find she had no job and my kids are not in school. We agreed that i will bring the kid back with me so they don't miss out on school further. I casrried all the financial costs when my kids werre living with me and made sure they don't miss school.When i had to go under isolation for two weeks i asked her mother if she could take the kids for that two weeks so that they don't contract Covid from me. Her mom phoned her to let her know she must come back and to help with the kids. Now she dicides she is going to stay and not go back. I asked her if the kids could spend one full week from Monday to Sunday and then the following week by her and so on. Then she saves fuel in the meentime aswell. She just responded blundly that she will not allow that and if i don't like it, i must take it further. What can i do?


Paul Jordaan.

If you would like to view the entire answer, you will need to either login or register a FREE account.


DISCLAIMER: Advice or answers from Lawyers on SA Legal Advice are not substitutes for the proper advice of an Lawyer. SA Legal Advice is a public forum and questions and responses are not private or confidential or protected by the attorney-client privilege. The Lawyer who assists with your question is not your Lawyer, and the response above is not to be considered to be legal advice. You should not read this response to propose specific action or address specific circumstances, but only to give you a sense of general principles of law that might affect the situation you describe. Application of these general principles to particular circumstances must be done by a lawyer who has spoken with you in confidence, learned all relevant information, and explored various options. Before acting on these general principles, you should hire a lawyer licensed to practice law in the jurisdiction to which your question pertains. The responses above are from individual Lawyers, not SA Legal Advice. The site and services are provided “as is”. This site is not for emergency questions which should be directed immediately by telephone or in-person to qualified professionals. Please carefully read the Terms of Service.