HiI want to know if I am a beneficiary t...

Asked by Shanya on 30-08-2020 23:15:05
Question posted in the Family Law category relating to KwaZulu-Natal


I want to know if I am a beneficiary to a will and there was a trust created when I was a minor now that I am a major can the executor still keep the money in a trust or are they supposed to give me my inheritance and property?


Answer to the Question

Posted by Att. Patrick on 31-08-2020 21:45:47

Hi there,

I see that you haven't made a payment for the question, but I'm going to assist you a little. If you want to ask a follow-up question, please make the required payment.

You need to look at the terms of the Will which sets out what happens when you turn 18, or whether you can only get the capital when you turn 21. 

It is not up to the executor to decide - it is in terms of the Will - so as for a copy.

Att. Patrick

Please remember this is a dialog if you have follow-up questions please make the required payment, then use the REPLY button and ask your further question. I would like to continue assisting you, but I need to concentrate on people who make payments for their questions.

If you would like to view the entire answer, you will need to either login or register a FREE account.


DISCLAIMER: Advice or answers from Lawyers on SA Legal Advice are not substitutes for the proper advice of an Lawyer. SA Legal Advice is a public forum and questions and responses are not private or confidential or protected by the attorney-client privilege. The Lawyer who assists with your question is not your Lawyer, and the response above is not to be considered to be legal advice. You should not read this response to propose specific action or address specific circumstances, but only to give you a sense of general principles of law that might affect the situation you describe. Application of these general principles to particular circumstances must be done by a lawyer who has spoken with you in confidence, learned all relevant information, and explored various options. Before acting on these general principles, you should hire a lawyer licensed to practice law in the jurisdiction to which your question pertains. The responses above are from individual Lawyers, not SA Legal Advice. The site and services are provided “as is”. This site is not for emergency questions which should be directed immediately by telephone or in-person to qualified professionals. Please carefully read the Terms of Service.