I am unable to get out of my Rain "contr...

Asked by Jessica on 01-09-2020 15:56:04
Question posted in the Consumer Protection Law category relating to Western Cape

I am unable to get out of my Rain "contract". They do not have a call centre number nor can you get hold of them on email. I am being billed R499 for a contract i signed up for of R250 per month. Please help

Answer to the Question

Posted by Att. Patrick on 03-09-2020 11:07:24

Hi there Jessica,

I see that you haven't made a payment for the question, but I'm going to assist you a little. If you want to ask a follow-up question, please make the required payment.

From the Rain website - 

Simply log onto your my-rain dashboard on the rain web site (www.rain.co.za) and cancel your SIM. Select the service you wish to cancel by clicking on "Manage" Scroll down to the bottom and select "Cancel SIM" The cancellation will take place on the last day of the month, but you will only have to pay for the data you've used.

That should be it.

Att. Patrick

Please remember this is a dialog if you have follow-up questions please make the required payment, then use the REPLY button and ask your further question. I would like to continue assisting you, but I need to concentrate on people who make payments for their questions.

If you would like to view the entire answer, you will need to either login or register a FREE account.


DISCLAIMER: Advice or answers from Lawyers on SA Legal Advice are not substitutes for the proper advice of an Lawyer. SA Legal Advice is a public forum and questions and responses are not private or confidential or protected by the attorney-client privilege. The Lawyer who assists with your question is not your Lawyer, and the response above is not to be considered to be legal advice. You should not read this response to propose specific action or address specific circumstances, but only to give you a sense of general principles of law that might affect the situation you describe. Application of these general principles to particular circumstances must be done by a lawyer who has spoken with you in confidence, learned all relevant information, and explored various options. Before acting on these general principles, you should hire a lawyer licensed to practice law in the jurisdiction to which your question pertains. The responses above are from individual Lawyers, not SA Legal Advice. The site and services are provided “as is”. This site is not for emergency questions which should be directed immediately by telephone or in-person to qualified professionals. Please carefully read the Terms of Service.