Hi good day my father made a will which ...

Asked by Anonymous on 03-11-2020 15:03:41
Question posted in the General Law category relating to Western Cape

Hi good day my father made a will which himself the executor and his new wife aswell as witnesses signed at a commisioner of oaths.in this particular will he stated that the house he owned will be given to his youngest son and hes vehicle to his eldest All the moneys must be shared between his wife and his children his work have a policy where they give money monthly to his spous question is should that money also be shared or not?

Answer to the Question

Posted by Att. Patrick on 05-11-2020 00:07:31

Hi there,

I see that you haven't made a payment for the question, but I'm going to assist you a little. If you want to ask a follow-up question, please make the required payment.

The Will is valid, however the nominated executor can't be the executor, and the new Wife can't inherit, since they were the witnesses to the Will.

The rest of the Will is fine. 

Att. Patrick

Please remember this is a dialog if you have follow-up questions please make the required payment, then use the REPLY button and ask your further question. I would like to continue assisting you, but I need to concentrate on people who make payments for their questions.

If you would like to view the entire answer, you will need to either login or register a FREE account.


DISCLAIMER: Advice or answers from Lawyers on SA Legal Advice are not substitutes for the proper advice of an Lawyer. SA Legal Advice is a public forum and questions and responses are not private or confidential or protected by the attorney-client privilege. The Lawyer who assists with your question is not your Lawyer, and the response above is not to be considered to be legal advice. You should not read this response to propose specific action or address specific circumstances, but only to give you a sense of general principles of law that might affect the situation you describe. Application of these general principles to particular circumstances must be done by a lawyer who has spoken with you in confidence, learned all relevant information, and explored various options. Before acting on these general principles, you should hire a lawyer licensed to practice law in the jurisdiction to which your question pertains. The responses above are from individual Lawyers, not SA Legal Advice. The site and services are provided “as is”. This site is not for emergency questions which should be directed immediately by telephone or in-person to qualified professionals. Please carefully read the Terms of Service.