A flat that I was rent burnt down with a...

Asked by Megan on 05-09-2020 00:00:25
Question posted in the Insurance Law category relating to KwaZulu-Natal

A flat that I was rent burnt down with all my belongings in including some of the owners belongings, the owner did a insurance claim, first they said that they would claim through third party for my belongings, then they changed it and said that we must say that everything including my belongings were owned by them so that the insurance claim would be easier, now that the money is paid out they are refusing to pay me for my belongings lost. 

Message from the Lawyer

Posted by Att. Patrick on 06-09-2020 17:13:57

Hi there,

I see that you haven't made a payment for the question, but I'm going to assist you a little. If you want to ask a follow-up question, please make the required payment.

You must tell the owner that you're going to go to the SAPS and lay a complaint against him, and that you will speak to his insurance company to tell them that the owner did a fraud on them!

Att. Patrick

Please remember this is a dialog if you have follow-up questions please make the required payment, then use the REPLY button and ask your further question. I would like to continue assisting you, but I need to concentrate on people who make payments for their questions.

If you would like to view the entire answer, you will need to either login or register a FREE account.


DISCLAIMER: Advice or answers from Lawyers on South African Legal Advice are not substitutes for the proper advice of an Lawyer. South African Legal Advice is a public forum and questions and responses are not private or confidential or protected by the attorney-client privilege. The Lawyer who assists with your question is not your Lawyer, and the response above is not to be considered to be legal advice. You should not read this response to propose specific action or address specific circumstances, but only to give you a sense of general principles of law that might affect the situation you describe. Application of these general principles to particular circumstances must be done by a lawyer who has spoken with you in confidence, learned all relevant information, and explored various options. Before acting on these general principles, you should hire a lawyer licensed to practice law in the jurisdiction to which your question pertains. The responses above are from individual Lawyers, not South African Legal Advice. The site and services are provided “as is”. This site is not for emergency questions which should be directed immediately by telephone or in-person to qualified professionals. Please carefully read the Terms of Service.