Good day. I made an offer to purchase OT...

Asked by eltont on 21-09-2020 11:35:53
Question posted in the Property Law category relating to Western Cape

Good day. I made an offer to purchase (OTP) on a house I want to buy a year ago, eveything was in order on my side (bond approved, other finances ready ect.). Both me and the seller signed the OTP so it is binding I assume?. But now the problem is it is more than a year now and the people that house it was (bank repossessed the house and new owner bought it at auction) are still in the house and the new owner are not doing anything to get then out and I dont get any communication from his attorney on what is going on. The bank withdrew my bond application because it is more that a year now so I shuold re apply if the owner gets the people out the house. This is forcing me to get alternative accomodation for me and my family becauce of this hold up and it is costing me alot of money. Now I want t know if there is anything I can do legally to force the owner to make the people move from the property so that the deal can move forward and how do I go about it. 

Thank you.

If you would like to view the entire answer, you will need to either login or register a FREE account.


DISCLAIMER: Advice or answers from Lawyers on SA Legal Advice are not substitutes for the proper advice of an Lawyer. SA Legal Advice is a public forum and questions and responses are not private or confidential or protected by the attorney-client privilege. The Lawyer who assists with your question is not your Lawyer, and the response above is not to be considered to be legal advice. You should not read this response to propose specific action or address specific circumstances, but only to give you a sense of general principles of law that might affect the situation you describe. Application of these general principles to particular circumstances must be done by a lawyer who has spoken with you in confidence, learned all relevant information, and explored various options. Before acting on these general principles, you should hire a lawyer licensed to practice law in the jurisdiction to which your question pertains. The responses above are from individual Lawyers, not SA Legal Advice. The site and services are provided “as is”. This site is not for emergency questions which should be directed immediately by telephone or in-person to qualified professionals. Please carefully read the Terms of Service.