My friend stays in a house that is in a ...

Asked by Christo Vermaak on 22-09-2020 16:03:47
Question posted in the General Law category relating to Mpumalanga

My friend stays in a house that is in a Trust. The house was left to their daughter by her great grandmother which specified that she gets the house at age 30. The will gave them permision to stay in the house till the dugter turn 30.

The attorney does not pay rates and taxes.

My friend has an electrical account with the town councel.

Their elect. was cut due to non payment of rates & taxes.

Is this a legal action by the town counsel?

If you would like to view the entire answer, you will need to either login or register a FREE account.


DISCLAIMER: Advice or answers from Lawyers on SA Legal Advice are not substitutes for the proper advice of an Lawyer. SA Legal Advice is a public forum and questions and responses are not private or confidential or protected by the attorney-client privilege. The Lawyer who assists with your question is not your Lawyer, and the response above is not to be considered to be legal advice. You should not read this response to propose specific action or address specific circumstances, but only to give you a sense of general principles of law that might affect the situation you describe. Application of these general principles to particular circumstances must be done by a lawyer who has spoken with you in confidence, learned all relevant information, and explored various options. Before acting on these general principles, you should hire a lawyer licensed to practice law in the jurisdiction to which your question pertains. The responses above are from individual Lawyers, not SA Legal Advice. The site and services are provided “as is”. This site is not for emergency questions which should be directed immediately by telephone or in-person to qualified professionals. Please carefully read the Terms of Service.