My child's father passed away in April. ...

Asked by Ponoentle on 07-10-2020 06:00:59
Question posted in the General Law category relating to Western Cape

My child's father passed away in April. He was married  and separated for few years, but in a process of a divorce and had a teenage child. They had an Ante naptual contract signed. He died without a Will. Can the the stranged wife be appointed as executor?

I went to court few months back to report the estate but I was informed that we must both appoint an executor since there are minor children. Then I checked the Doj website and I found out she was given a letter of executorship. 


If you would like to view the entire answer, you will need to either login or register a FREE account.


DISCLAIMER: Advice or answers from Lawyers on SA Legal Advice are not substitutes for the proper advice of an Lawyer. SA Legal Advice is a public forum and questions and responses are not private or confidential or protected by the attorney-client privilege. The Lawyer who assists with your question is not your Lawyer, and the response above is not to be considered to be legal advice. You should not read this response to propose specific action or address specific circumstances, but only to give you a sense of general principles of law that might affect the situation you describe. Application of these general principles to particular circumstances must be done by a lawyer who has spoken with you in confidence, learned all relevant information, and explored various options. Before acting on these general principles, you should hire a lawyer licensed to practice law in the jurisdiction to which your question pertains. The responses above are from individual Lawyers, not SA Legal Advice. The site and services are provided “as is”. This site is not for emergency questions which should be directed immediately by telephone or in-person to qualified professionals. Please carefully read the Terms of Service.