Good morning, I have been receiving emai...

Asked by ConnyP on 23-10-2020 08:08:11
Question posted in the National Credit Act Law category relating to Western Cape

Good morning, 

I have been receiving emails from Compucredit saying that I owe money to Computech but I do not recall ever using their services or have knowledge of the company. I received a text this morning saying there is legal action pending and I have to pay the money immediately or within seven days according to the first demand letter. I have tried to email and call them to query this but have not gotten through. Please assist me. 


Answer to the Question

Posted by Att. Patrick on 28-10-2020 10:49:13

Hi there,

I see that you haven't made a payment for the question, but I'm going to assist you a little. If you want to ask a follow-up question, please make the required payment.

I think that you should contact Compucredit and ask them to send you proof of who their customer is, and what the amount is for, and proof that you purchased those goods. 

Att. Patrick

Please remember this is a dialog if you have follow-up questions please make the required payment, then use the REPLY button and ask your further question. I would like to continue assisting you, but I need to concentrate on people who make payments for their questions.

If you would like to view the entire answer, you will need to either login or register a FREE account.


DISCLAIMER: Advice or answers from Lawyers on SA Legal Advice are not substitutes for the proper advice of an Lawyer. SA Legal Advice is a public forum and questions and responses are not private or confidential or protected by the attorney-client privilege. The Lawyer who assists with your question is not your Lawyer, and the response above is not to be considered to be legal advice. You should not read this response to propose specific action or address specific circumstances, but only to give you a sense of general principles of law that might affect the situation you describe. Application of these general principles to particular circumstances must be done by a lawyer who has spoken with you in confidence, learned all relevant information, and explored various options. Before acting on these general principles, you should hire a lawyer licensed to practice law in the jurisdiction to which your question pertains. The responses above are from individual Lawyers, not SA Legal Advice. The site and services are provided “as is”. This site is not for emergency questions which should be directed immediately by telephone or in-person to qualified professionals. Please carefully read the Terms of Service.