good morning. my mother is 90 years old ...

Asked by berni2020 on 28-10-2020 11:19:20
Question posted in the General Law category relating to Western Cape

good morning. my mother is 90 years old and we are 13 children. she is currently living in her house with and one of my brothers is living with her but he had a stroke a couple of yeasrs back and is getting a disability grant from the government. I do not live with her but administer her state pension by paying her accounts and i also see to her medical needs. we have a lady who take care of her during the day, which I and 3 other of my sibling pay. I provide all her food, cleaning prodoct and personal care products and the majority of adhoc thing that she requires out of my pocket. the rest of my sibling now want her to give the house to one of my brother. my problem is that everyone is now taking her to change her will. she has been hospitalized from the 18 sept 2020 and was released on the 21 septe 2020 and on the release letter which I got in my possession it mentions that she suffers from dementia. this is a very stressful situation because during the day my brothers go to her house and harrass her about wanting the house for themselves and moving in. I just would like to know how I can take control about this situation

Answer to the Question

Posted by Att. Patrick on 29-10-2020 20:39:03

Hi there,

I see that you haven't made a payment for the question, but I'm going to assist you a little. If you want to ask a follow-up question, please make the required payment.

You need to apply to have a curator appointed to her to manage her affairs properly, especially if she suffers from dementia!

Att. Patrick

Please remember this is a dialog if you have follow-up questions please make the required payment, then use the REPLY button and ask your further question. I would like to continue assisting you, but I need to concentrate on people who make payments for their questions.

If you would like to view the entire answer, you will need to either login or register a FREE account.


DISCLAIMER: Advice or answers from Lawyers on SA Legal Advice are not substitutes for the proper advice of an Lawyer. SA Legal Advice is a public forum and questions and responses are not private or confidential or protected by the attorney-client privilege. The Lawyer who assists with your question is not your Lawyer, and the response above is not to be considered to be legal advice. You should not read this response to propose specific action or address specific circumstances, but only to give you a sense of general principles of law that might affect the situation you describe. Application of these general principles to particular circumstances must be done by a lawyer who has spoken with you in confidence, learned all relevant information, and explored various options. Before acting on these general principles, you should hire a lawyer licensed to practice law in the jurisdiction to which your question pertains. The responses above are from individual Lawyers, not SA Legal Advice. The site and services are provided “as is”. This site is not for emergency questions which should be directed immediately by telephone or in-person to qualified professionals. Please carefully read the Terms of Service.