Good day,I was employed as an School Gov...

Asked by Gerschy on 04-02-2021 13:58:48
Question posted in the General Law category relating to Western Cape

Good day,

I was employed as an School Governing Body teacher for the past 12 years. Last year I had a salary dispute and reported to the school to the department of education. Since my contract came to an end 31/12/2020, I sent notice as at 20/01/2021, the school had concerns with my wording yet still received a Salary for January 2021 and at the same time all my debit orders went off resulting in the money being used. The school is now requesting full payment and not willing to allow me to make arrangements.

Since I did notify them before their payment run and them having concerns can they request full payment when I am not currently employed and they made the error to paying me

If you would like to view the entire answer, you will need to either login or register a FREE account.


DISCLAIMER: Advice or answers from Lawyers on SA Legal Advice are not substitutes for the proper advice of an Lawyer. SA Legal Advice is a public forum and questions and responses are not private or confidential or protected by the attorney-client privilege. The Lawyer who assists with your question is not your Lawyer, and the response above is not to be considered to be legal advice. You should not read this response to propose specific action or address specific circumstances, but only to give you a sense of general principles of law that might affect the situation you describe. Application of these general principles to particular circumstances must be done by a lawyer who has spoken with you in confidence, learned all relevant information, and explored various options. Before acting on these general principles, you should hire a lawyer licensed to practice law in the jurisdiction to which your question pertains. The responses above are from individual Lawyers, not SA Legal Advice. The site and services are provided “as is”. This site is not for emergency questions which should be directed immediately by telephone or in-person to qualified professionals. Please carefully read the Terms of Service.