Good dayMy name is Cheney and me and my ...

Asked by Cheney on 09-11-2020 23:22:38
Question posted in the General Law category relating to Western Cape

Good day

My name is Cheney and me and my partner whos living together lost our babe in 2019 December 2020.The clinic which i attend recomended that the doctor to book me off on month 5 during my pregnancy until my baby us born because I am a high risk.Am J intitled to my maternity leave at work as tgis is a valid medical reason and my baby will be too small to go back to work 1 month after i gave birth.My Job informed they can only give me leave until i give birth then i must return 1 month after i gave birth and if i dont return my Job isnt secured.

Is this in order by law that the company can fure me from my permanent position?

The doctor informed he will givr me a letter December 2020 that states im high risk and that I must stay at home until i give birth and can I take my entitled leave from after I gave birth in April 2021? 

Please assist as im concerned i might lose my job.

Would you be so kind as to email me ob ***BLOCKED-EMAIL-ADDRESS*** as Im not on this site and might forget the website name.

Many thanks


If you would like to view the entire answer, you will need to either login or register a FREE account.


DISCLAIMER: Advice or answers from Lawyers on SA Legal Advice are not substitutes for the proper advice of an Lawyer. SA Legal Advice is a public forum and questions and responses are not private or confidential or protected by the attorney-client privilege. The Lawyer who assists with your question is not your Lawyer, and the response above is not to be considered to be legal advice. You should not read this response to propose specific action or address specific circumstances, but only to give you a sense of general principles of law that might affect the situation you describe. Application of these general principles to particular circumstances must be done by a lawyer who has spoken with you in confidence, learned all relevant information, and explored various options. Before acting on these general principles, you should hire a lawyer licensed to practice law in the jurisdiction to which your question pertains. The responses above are from individual Lawyers, not SA Legal Advice. The site and services are provided “as is”. This site is not for emergency questions which should be directed immediately by telephone or in-person to qualified professionals. Please carefully read the Terms of Service.