Good day,There is a medical scheme that ...

Asked by Mhimhi on 26-11-2020 11:02:22
Question posted in the Insurance Law category relating to Gauteng

Good day,

There is a medical scheme that wants to black list my name. I joined this scheme but could not continue paying the premiums, my membership was then suspended. I have never use it even. According to the terms and conditions that I have (received from them), should I fail to pay they suspend and then terminate the membership (on the 3rd month of failing to do so). Now they are hounding me for money and have handed me over to debt collectors. This is not right, this was not a credit agreement.



Answer to the Question

Posted by Att. Patrick on 28-11-2020 11:08:00

Hi there,

I see that you haven't made a payment for the question, but I'm going to assist you a little. If you want to ask a follow-up question, please make the required payment.

They are within their rights to recover the 3 months' payments from you, and if they get a judgment, they can blacklist you at the credit bureau.

Att. Patrick 

Please remember this is a dialog if you have follow-up questions please make the required payment, then use the REPLY button and ask your further question. I would like to continue assisting you, but I need to concentrate on people who make payments for their questions.

If you would like to view the entire answer, you will need to either login or register a FREE account.


DISCLAIMER: Advice or answers from Lawyers on SA Legal Advice are not substitutes for the proper advice of an Lawyer. SA Legal Advice is a public forum and questions and responses are not private or confidential or protected by the attorney-client privilege. The Lawyer who assists with your question is not your Lawyer, and the response above is not to be considered to be legal advice. You should not read this response to propose specific action or address specific circumstances, but only to give you a sense of general principles of law that might affect the situation you describe. Application of these general principles to particular circumstances must be done by a lawyer who has spoken with you in confidence, learned all relevant information, and explored various options. Before acting on these general principles, you should hire a lawyer licensed to practice law in the jurisdiction to which your question pertains. The responses above are from individual Lawyers, not SA Legal Advice. The site and services are provided “as is”. This site is not for emergency questions which should be directed immediately by telephone or in-person to qualified professionals. Please carefully read the Terms of Service.