Good day.My dad's house was illegally so...

Asked by Thabethe on 10-06-2021 14:24:21
Question posted in the Property Law category relating to Gauteng

Good day.

My dad's house was illegally sold after he had passed on. Unpon checking at court we found that the person who sold it had no authority. The buy extended the house and made investments on it. 24 years later, both the seller and the buy had passed on. We want to claim back the house as my dad's kids. Want to know what is the right procedure to follow when claiming the house back to its rightful owners. my siblings?

Answer to the Question

Posted by Att. Patrick on 12-06-2021 17:50:32

Hi there,

I see that you haven't made a payment for the question, but I'm going to assist you a little. If you want to ask a follow-up question, please make the required payment.

In law, you only have 3 years to make a claim, otherwise your claim prescribes - which means that you lose your claim. 

Given that 24 years has passed, you have no claim anymore. 

Want to know what is the right procedure to follow when claiming the house back to its rightful owners? --> Nothing.

Att. Patrick 

Please remember this is a dialog if you have follow-up questions please make the required payment, then use the REPLY button and ask your further question. I would like to continue assisting you, but I need to concentrate on people who make payments for their questions.

If you would like to view the entire answer, you will need to either login or register a FREE account.


DISCLAIMER: Advice or answers from Lawyers on SA Legal Advice are not substitutes for the proper advice of an Lawyer. SA Legal Advice is a public forum and questions and responses are not private or confidential or protected by the attorney-client privilege. The Lawyer who assists with your question is not your Lawyer, and the response above is not to be considered to be legal advice. You should not read this response to propose specific action or address specific circumstances, but only to give you a sense of general principles of law that might affect the situation you describe. Application of these general principles to particular circumstances must be done by a lawyer who has spoken with you in confidence, learned all relevant information, and explored various options. Before acting on these general principles, you should hire a lawyer licensed to practice law in the jurisdiction to which your question pertains. The responses above are from individual Lawyers, not SA Legal Advice. The site and services are provided “as is”. This site is not for emergency questions which should be directed immediately by telephone or in-person to qualified professionals. Please carefully read the Terms of Service.