I have incurred so much debt as a result...

Asked by Tumelo on 27-04-2021 11:52:41
Question posted in the Property Law category relating to Gauteng

I have incurred so much debt as a result of a property manager which is overcharging me on Electricity, water and  unreasonable high levys.

My arguments stems from the oberservations below.

-  I have been paying about R2000 a month on electricy, i have since moved and rented my property. I am renting my second property around the area i have paid nothing more than R 600 on electrity ( on both properties).

- The owners of the units pay R 800 for their monthly levy compared to R1 500 cherged at Vesta.

- I am sitting on a debt of a about R60 000 and want to challenge this. as this has occured as a result of them overcharging me.

Their latest treat is they will cut of elctricity of my unit and i know they are legally not allowed to do this. 

Their other treat is they want to aution my property and I also know that is illegal as well.

i need help who do i go to to challenge thse decisions

If you would like to view the entire answer, you will need to either login or register a FREE account.


DISCLAIMER: Advice or answers from Lawyers on SA Legal Advice are not substitutes for the proper advice of an Lawyer. SA Legal Advice is a public forum and questions and responses are not private or confidential or protected by the attorney-client privilege. The Lawyer who assists with your question is not your Lawyer, and the response above is not to be considered to be legal advice. You should not read this response to propose specific action or address specific circumstances, but only to give you a sense of general principles of law that might affect the situation you describe. Application of these general principles to particular circumstances must be done by a lawyer who has spoken with you in confidence, learned all relevant information, and explored various options. Before acting on these general principles, you should hire a lawyer licensed to practice law in the jurisdiction to which your question pertains. The responses above are from individual Lawyers, not SA Legal Advice. The site and services are provided “as is”. This site is not for emergency questions which should be directed immediately by telephone or in-person to qualified professionals. Please carefully read the Terms of Service.