I was handed over in 2011 for my kids sc...

Asked by Monica on 16-12-2020 09:55:59
Question posted in the National Credit Act Law category relating to Gauteng

I was handed over in 2011 for my kids school fees.

For the first few years i could not make payment but been making paymnets now for the last 3 years.

Every second year i get a new letter that my account was handed over the the Debt Collector, and they want me to make new agreements.

I have received a new letter in the beginning of the year and now they threaten that if i don't sign the new agreement the full amount will become payable immediatly.

I just want to know why i must sign a new agreement if i been paying as per our last agreement for the last3 years.

And if i don't sign it, can they make the full amount payable?

Answer to the Question

Posted by Att. Patrick on 18-12-2020 00:14:19

Hi there,

I see that you haven't made a payment for the question, but I'm going to assist you a little. If you want to ask a follow-up question, please make the required payment.

Q: I just want to know why i must sign a new agreement if i been paying as per our last agreement for the last3 years. --> You don't. 

Att. Patrick 

Please remember this is a dialog if you have follow-up questions please make the required payment, then use the REPLY button and ask your further question. I would like to continue assisting you, but I need to concentrate on people who make payments for their questions.

If you would like to view the entire answer, you will need to either login or register a FREE account.


DISCLAIMER: Advice or answers from Lawyers on SA Legal Advice are not substitutes for the proper advice of an Lawyer. SA Legal Advice is a public forum and questions and responses are not private or confidential or protected by the attorney-client privilege. The Lawyer who assists with your question is not your Lawyer, and the response above is not to be considered to be legal advice. You should not read this response to propose specific action or address specific circumstances, but only to give you a sense of general principles of law that might affect the situation you describe. Application of these general principles to particular circumstances must be done by a lawyer who has spoken with you in confidence, learned all relevant information, and explored various options. Before acting on these general principles, you should hire a lawyer licensed to practice law in the jurisdiction to which your question pertains. The responses above are from individual Lawyers, not SA Legal Advice. The site and services are provided “as is”. This site is not for emergency questions which should be directed immediately by telephone or in-person to qualified professionals. Please carefully read the Terms of Service.