Hi id like some advise a client posted a...

Asked by Dirk5376 on 16-12-2020 18:51:34
Question posted in the General Law category relating to Eastern Cape

Hi id like some advise a client posted a bad review on facebook we acknowledged and went to the client fixed and apoligised to him yet he refuses to retract the post our busness is getting damages because of this all we want is gor him to remove the post what voukd we do please help

Answer to the Question

Posted by Att. Patrick on 18-12-2020 00:12:44

Hi there,

I see that you haven't made a payment for the question, but I'm going to assist you a little. If you want to ask a follow-up question, please make the required payment.

There is not a lot that you can do if his post was accurate. He is entitled to his comments. 

What you can do is to focus on getting good reviews instead of trying to get bad reviews taken down.

Perhaps, you could reply to his comment to say "Thanks for giving us the opportunity to fix our mistake; we acknowledge that we could have done better; we've fixed it now", or if he updates the post to make mention of the fact that you fixed the issue?

Do NOT write back on the post to slander him, or complain about him, or such like. People do NOT want to see that sort of behaviour from a service provider.

Att. Patrick 

Please remember this is a dialog if you have follow-up questions please make the required payment, then use the REPLY button and ask your further question. I would like to continue assisting you, but I need to concentrate on people who make payments for their questions.

If you would like to view the entire answer, you will need to either login or register a FREE account.


DISCLAIMER: Advice or answers from Lawyers on SA Legal Advice are not substitutes for the proper advice of an Lawyer. SA Legal Advice is a public forum and questions and responses are not private or confidential or protected by the attorney-client privilege. The Lawyer who assists with your question is not your Lawyer, and the response above is not to be considered to be legal advice. You should not read this response to propose specific action or address specific circumstances, but only to give you a sense of general principles of law that might affect the situation you describe. Application of these general principles to particular circumstances must be done by a lawyer who has spoken with you in confidence, learned all relevant information, and explored various options. Before acting on these general principles, you should hire a lawyer licensed to practice law in the jurisdiction to which your question pertains. The responses above are from individual Lawyers, not SA Legal Advice. The site and services are provided “as is”. This site is not for emergency questions which should be directed immediately by telephone or in-person to qualified professionals. Please carefully read the Terms of Service.