My name is Mthunzi, I have a Bond with F...

Asked by Anonymous on 21-12-2020 12:05:49
Question posted in the General Law category relating to Gauteng

My name is Mthunzi, I have a Bond with First National Bank, I lost my Job in March 2019, I continued to pay my Bond until I run out of money in December 2019, I called FNB to ask for special arrangements before my Bond went into Areas but I was told that I can't make arrangements while I didn't have an income, I continued to pay far less than my installment, Covid 19 started then I asked for payment break as my Fast Food was closed due to lock down level 5, they told me that payment break was for people who's account were up to date, I eventually got a temp job but my salary is less than my monthly installment, I can't meet arrangements terms as they want more than I can afford. I received Summons that my house are in risk of being repossessed. I ran out of options & ideas what should I do as my kids are still @ school, my wife is unemployed.

I need advise... 


Mthunzi T Mavimbela



If you would like to view the entire answer, you will need to either login or register a FREE account.


DISCLAIMER: Advice or answers from Lawyers on South African Legal Advice are not substitutes for the proper advice of an Lawyer. South African Legal Advice is a public forum and questions and responses are not private or confidential or protected by the attorney-client privilege. The Lawyer who assists with your question is not your Lawyer, and the response above is not to be considered to be legal advice. You should not read this response to propose specific action or address specific circumstances, but only to give you a sense of general principles of law that might affect the situation you describe. Application of these general principles to particular circumstances must be done by a lawyer who has spoken with you in confidence, learned all relevant information, and explored various options. Before acting on these general principles, you should hire a lawyer licensed to practice law in the jurisdiction to which your question pertains. The responses above are from individual Lawyers, not South African Legal Advice. The site and services are provided “as is”. This site is not for emergency questions which should be directed immediately by telephone or in-person to qualified professionals. Please carefully read the Terms of Service.