Just to give you some background with re...

Asked by Johnny on 26-08-2020 10:02:09
Question posted in the Property Law category relating to Western Cape

Just to give you some background with regards to a fraudulent so-called developer from  Amber Peek Trading (Pty) Ltd in George (William Alexander)

 My wife and I bought a 3 bedroom flat 4yrs ago in a complex development ( Stone Ridge Estate in Langeberg Ridge near Cape Gate Shopping Centre, Cape Town). We paid the unit in full to ensure that we got a house for our retirement. The money was paid in so called trust that belong to William Alexander, his wife and a third partly (family trust). The developer (Amber Peek Trading) stop building during the second year, their lawyer at that stage Tom Potgieter advise us that we should take them to court if we want our money back or the unit we bought. I did get a lawyer Hannes Stimie, but we not getting anywhere. The court dates keep being delayed every six months for any reason Mr Alexander can think off. I used my entire pension fund to purchase this unit (plot and plan). What I can't understand they still building private schools and other developments. This people ruined our life, we currently staying in a one bedroom flat that we can hardly afford every month, while this people and their company reaping the benefits from their criminal behaviour. I’m asking someone or a company to assist us to stop this company doing any existing and future business until our court case is settled. The used our money in the trust to fund new developments, we don’t want our money back, only our house. They going to complete phase 2 in the complex this week and planning to build a phase 3. The contractor informed me that they going to rent out the units as soon as possible, according to me they cant do this, since I got a signed contract and proof of payment.

 Are there any means to publish something that will assist us getting our unit back or preventing them renting the units out?

If you would like to view the entire answer, you will need to either login or register a FREE account.


DISCLAIMER: Advice or answers from Lawyers on SA Legal Advice are not substitutes for the proper advice of an Lawyer. SA Legal Advice is a public forum and questions and responses are not private or confidential or protected by the attorney-client privilege. The Lawyer who assists with your question is not your Lawyer, and the response above is not to be considered to be legal advice. You should not read this response to propose specific action or address specific circumstances, but only to give you a sense of general principles of law that might affect the situation you describe. Application of these general principles to particular circumstances must be done by a lawyer who has spoken with you in confidence, learned all relevant information, and explored various options. Before acting on these general principles, you should hire a lawyer licensed to practice law in the jurisdiction to which your question pertains. The responses above are from individual Lawyers, not SA Legal Advice. The site and services are provided “as is”. This site is not for emergency questions which should be directed immediately by telephone or in-person to qualified professionals. Please carefully read the Terms of Service.