Good morning!I need help please. I was i...

Asked by Deidre on 23-12-2020 03:33:54
Question posted in the General Law category relating to Eastern Cape

Good morning!

I need help please. I was in a relationship with a guy for more than a year. I fell pregnant and he wanted me to go for an abortion upon which I refused. He manipulated me into trusting and believing him that he was ohk with the pregnancy. During the pregnancy I had difficulty sleeping and he gave me tablets which he convinced me he got from Dis-chem for my lack of sleep and its "herbal tablets and safe during pregnancy". I tool his word as he said that was conveyed to him by the pharmacy. A week after taking the tablets I started spotting and consulted my Gynae who confirmed these tablets are not safe or to be taken during pregnancy. I then lost the baby and nearly bleed myself to death. I personally have a feeling that since my partner did not want the baby initially, ,he purposely gave me the tablets knowing its unsafe. Can he legally be held responsible for the death of my baby and near death of myself? Honestly I feel he is guilty because after the baby died he walked away as if he never knew me...

If you would like to view the entire answer, you will need to either login or register a FREE account.


DISCLAIMER: Advice or answers from Lawyers on SA Legal Advice are not substitutes for the proper advice of an Lawyer. SA Legal Advice is a public forum and questions and responses are not private or confidential or protected by the attorney-client privilege. The Lawyer who assists with your question is not your Lawyer, and the response above is not to be considered to be legal advice. You should not read this response to propose specific action or address specific circumstances, but only to give you a sense of general principles of law that might affect the situation you describe. Application of these general principles to particular circumstances must be done by a lawyer who has spoken with you in confidence, learned all relevant information, and explored various options. Before acting on these general principles, you should hire a lawyer licensed to practice law in the jurisdiction to which your question pertains. The responses above are from individual Lawyers, not SA Legal Advice. The site and services are provided “as is”. This site is not for emergency questions which should be directed immediately by telephone or in-person to qualified professionals. Please carefully read the Terms of Service.