If I have taken occupation of a property...

Asked by Robert on 11-01-2021 14:42:50
Question posted in the Property Law category relating to Gauteng

If I have taken occupation of a property prior to the transfer going through and paying occupational rent and found that a valve on the geyser is leaking water. Who is responsibel for getting it fixed the current owners or myself? The transfer went through shortly after I told the current owners of the problem and they refuse to assit and said its my problem as the valve was fine when they stayed in the house

If you would like to view the entire answer, you will need to either login or register a FREE account.


DISCLAIMER: Advice or answers from Lawyers on SA Legal Advice are not substitutes for the proper advice of an Lawyer. SA Legal Advice is a public forum and questions and responses are not private or confidential or protected by the attorney-client privilege. The Lawyer who assists with your question is not your Lawyer, and the response above is not to be considered to be legal advice. You should not read this response to propose specific action or address specific circumstances, but only to give you a sense of general principles of law that might affect the situation you describe. Application of these general principles to particular circumstances must be done by a lawyer who has spoken with you in confidence, learned all relevant information, and explored various options. Before acting on these general principles, you should hire a lawyer licensed to practice law in the jurisdiction to which your question pertains. The responses above are from individual Lawyers, not SA Legal Advice. The site and services are provided “as is”. This site is not for emergency questions which should be directed immediately by telephone or in-person to qualified professionals. Please carefully read the Terms of Service.