Hi I am renting a 2 bedroom from the hou...

Asked by JohanD on 12-01-2021 00:33:43
Question posted in the Landlord Tenant Law category relating to Gauteng

Hi I am renting a 2 bedroom from the house owner, 3 weeks ago my son of 13 and a girl next door were playing in the outside room and set some paper boxes alight while I was at work it wasn't a big damage, now he wants to make a case against me of molisious damage to property and also a case of tampering and theft of Electricity that is not true at all, what could happen with all of this and what am I to do?

Regards Johan

If you would like to view the entire answer, you will need to either login or register a FREE account.


DISCLAIMER: Advice or answers from Lawyers on SA Legal Advice are not substitutes for the proper advice of an Lawyer. SA Legal Advice is a public forum and questions and responses are not private or confidential or protected by the attorney-client privilege. The Lawyer who assists with your question is not your Lawyer, and the response above is not to be considered to be legal advice. You should not read this response to propose specific action or address specific circumstances, but only to give you a sense of general principles of law that might affect the situation you describe. Application of these general principles to particular circumstances must be done by a lawyer who has spoken with you in confidence, learned all relevant information, and explored various options. Before acting on these general principles, you should hire a lawyer licensed to practice law in the jurisdiction to which your question pertains. The responses above are from individual Lawyers, not SA Legal Advice. The site and services are provided “as is”. This site is not for emergency questions which should be directed immediately by telephone or in-person to qualified professionals. Please carefully read the Terms of Service.