Hi,i just need some advise before taking...

Asked by Carrie on 15-01-2021 12:30:01
Question posted in the Family Law category relating to Gauteng


i just need some advise before taking things further. On Tuesday night my partner once again started shouting and screaming at me telling me to leave. Name calling me and kicking me as well as pushing me. we have a 3 and a half year old son, my partners mother took my son into the bedroom and locked the door while this all was happening. i then packed and left leaving my son behind only because i had a car full of bags and it was late at night and i was traumatized! It took me 2 nights to pack out my clothes and to calm down due to being emotionally and verbally abused and mostly distraught for having to leave my son behind. I have contacted my X partners mother she has not replied.

i am not a bad mother, i just could not have my son with me when so emotional! And the shouting and screaming in front of my son i cannot allow that anymore and have decided that enough is enough!

Can i lose my son because i left him alone that night? And what are the steps that i need to take for emotional, verbal and physical abuse! in front of my 3 year old son as well. Please give me some clarification so that i can go ahead and need to do what i need to do. They have all the money when i dont

If you would like to view the entire answer, you will need to either login or register a FREE account.


DISCLAIMER: Advice or answers from Lawyers on SA Legal Advice are not substitutes for the proper advice of an Lawyer. SA Legal Advice is a public forum and questions and responses are not private or confidential or protected by the attorney-client privilege. The Lawyer who assists with your question is not your Lawyer, and the response above is not to be considered to be legal advice. You should not read this response to propose specific action or address specific circumstances, but only to give you a sense of general principles of law that might affect the situation you describe. Application of these general principles to particular circumstances must be done by a lawyer who has spoken with you in confidence, learned all relevant information, and explored various options. Before acting on these general principles, you should hire a lawyer licensed to practice law in the jurisdiction to which your question pertains. The responses above are from individual Lawyers, not SA Legal Advice. The site and services are provided “as is”. This site is not for emergency questions which should be directed immediately by telephone or in-person to qualified professionals. Please carefully read the Terms of Service.