Hi, i just whant to ask about a purchase...

Asked by Voetsporefotografie on 30-06-2021 20:11:40
Question posted in the Consumer Protection Law category relating to North West

Hi, i just whant to ask about a purchase i made. I have bought from a shop a hardrive secondhand. on the label was it advertice as a 8 gig terrabite harddrive. I boutht it for R1600 after 14 days, i realise that it was full and i used only about 1.2 terrabite. I then took it to a computer shop just to tjeck on the hardrive and it s size. i took pictures and go back to the shop. i told them my story , they told me that that they cant give my money back and i should have retured it in 7 days. I told them , that i was mislead by the advertisement,  and on my slip it writes also 8 terrabites. The also see at the drive again and also tell it is 1,28 terrabites. Still they not whant refund me. What should i do, am i write or wrong, does there policy is valid or unreasoneble, i am not a expert on hardrives, but i feel mislead and bought something other than what it was. i understand that there was an ivalid partition on the drive, and when i bought it, it show 8 terrabite, but it was a 1.28 terrabite. they know it now too, but tell onley, i should have return it within 7 days somthing that was not possible to see untel you use all the space on the drive and wear it nolonger can take date, it can even be months to understand  that it is not a 8 terrabite drive.

If you would like to view the entire answer, you will need to either login or register a FREE account.


DISCLAIMER: Advice or answers from Lawyers on SA Legal Advice are not substitutes for the proper advice of an Lawyer. SA Legal Advice is a public forum and questions and responses are not private or confidential or protected by the attorney-client privilege. The Lawyer who assists with your question is not your Lawyer, and the response above is not to be considered to be legal advice. You should not read this response to propose specific action or address specific circumstances, but only to give you a sense of general principles of law that might affect the situation you describe. Application of these general principles to particular circumstances must be done by a lawyer who has spoken with you in confidence, learned all relevant information, and explored various options. Before acting on these general principles, you should hire a lawyer licensed to practice law in the jurisdiction to which your question pertains. The responses above are from individual Lawyers, not SA Legal Advice. The site and services are provided “as is”. This site is not for emergency questions which should be directed immediately by telephone or in-person to qualified professionals. Please carefully read the Terms of Service.